Friday, October 26, 2007

Cereal

Who knew that my lifelong love for cereal would one day give me somewhat of a 'cultural experience?'

Yesterday, I was in the store buying groceries and I got some cereal. Ususually I get the smaller boxes but this time i decided to get a larger box but little to my knowledge, this larger box came with something attached to it (similiaiar to the plastic toys that come inside cereal boxes in the States). But this one is by far the strangest 'toy' i have ever gotten in a cereal box...

When I got home an examined what it was I couldn't help but think to myself, "I am so in India." Attached to the box was a 2 disk CD Video that traced the story of Krishna's childhood. Krishna, for those who may not know, is a Hindu deity. I chuckled to myself a little thinking about this. Could you imagine a cereal box in the USA having a DVD of "The Life of Jesus" or "The Exodus of Abraham" or "The Teachings of Mohammed" in it as a marketing tool? I think it would if anything cause an outrage, not be an effective marketing tool. Oh how I love this place...

No comments: