Friday, June 15, 2007

It is two days before I head off to India and I am ridiculously excited. I have been in Ojai for the past couple of days and I am near childishly giddy about my departure. Last night I was up late reading the manuals from EAP about India and suggestions on different things. They also had a bunch of articles written by students who had been on the program. After reading these two things, I realized that 1) I forgot certain things in Davis that I should pack like a sleeping bag, 2) that buying clothes in India is going to be awesome (they are really cheap cotton clothes ...finally I can get those cotton pajama-like bottoms, awesome!) and 3) there are a lot of things that are going to be challenging about India. All the student articles were describing how demanding India is as a country. It will be interesting to see how I cope. Today I will meet with one of my former teachers from high school, Doctor Sidhu, who actually did all of her college work at Delhi University. Hopefully she will give me some insight regarding living in Delhi.

No comments: