Monday, October 1, 2007

Tribute to Pheobe

I got word from my dad that Pheobe, my dog back home, was put to sleep on Friday. It was so sad to hear the news. She had fractured her leg and when they took her to the vet, we learned she had bone cancer which would be very hard on Pheobe for the rest of her life. Rather than drawing it out, she was put to sleep.

It hit me slowly throughout the day. I am glad that I got to leave the group and explore Pondicherry on my own. It is just so sad to know that a member of our family is gone. I knew she was getting old but it seemed to happen so quickly. I guess I was just hoping for one more Christmas with my dog. She always will be the adorable white puppy to me who follows you from room to room just wanting to be near people.

I love that dog and will miss her dearly.

No comments: