Friday, September 28, 2007

Leaving for the South!

In approximately 5 hours, I will be leaving for the airport to catch a plane to Chennai (Madras). This will be the beginning of the two week university vacation as well as the beginning of my two week vacation in the south of India. I am very excited. here is the list of places we ware going to go (hopefully spelled correctly) so that you can follow along on Google Earth if you want (cough cough... Dad):

Chennai, Mamalapurram, Pondicherry, Kanyalumari, Varkala, Kollam (where we will do a houseboat tour of the back waters of Kerala), Chochi, then up to Goa, and Mumbai (Bombay).

I think it is going to be very nice. If nothing else, I will finally get to see the ocean again. I really miss seeing it! Also, the weather has been cooling down (and by that I mean that it is maybe 88 degrees rather than mid to lower 90's). Hopefully it will be the same in the south. I will try and keep some blog updates as we travel but I will not be uploading any pictures until I get back so my verbal drooling will have to suffice for description.

Very excited!

No comments: