Sunday, August 12, 2007

Jane Marie Visit!

So before I begin this blog, I have to apologize that I have not been keeping it up to date! Recently, Jane Marie came to visit me in Delhi after she did her InterVarsity Global Urban Trek to Kolkata. Understandably, my blog was the last thing on my mind considering I only had a week with her before we would go without seeing each other for another 4 months! But the blogging will now resume!

Jane Marie’s visit was spectacular. First, it was so good to just see her! I mean it is amazing how much you can grow to depend on a person. My time in India has made me realize just how important she is to me and I had been missing her a lot. So when she came I was ecstatic to see her.

While we did do some sight seeing, what was really good was just to catch up. She had quite an experience in Kolkata and it was good for us to just catch up. We went to Fatehpur Sikri and Agra and saw the Taj Mahal. The Taj was gorgeous! It really was amazing to see something as beautiful as that with Jane Marie.

We then went back to Delhi and did… well… nothing really. We basically just wanted to hang out and so we didn’t really do a lot of sight seeing which was actually way better anyway. It was nice for her to see the basic structure of my life in Delhi. She met my roommates, saw my apartment, saw the place I grocery shop, saw my classes and the university, etc. It was really great.

I was a fairly hard hit by her departure but I think I am good now. After hearing about her experiences in Kolkata, it has really motivated me to 1) find an InterVarsity group at the DU campus so as to meet people and more importantly be part of a group of Christians (something I really miss!) and 2) find a good non-profit organization I can work with. If anyone knows of any, let me know!

Hope you enjoy the pictures of Jane Marie and me! Just for reference, the pictures are from the Taj Mahal, Fatehpur, Sikri, and Agra Fort.

No comments: